I Dress Myself was established in 2005 and, within a year, we became the first screen printer to only use eco-friendly water based inks for all fabric and paper printing - sustainability has always been close to our heart. We have a strong base of loyal customers and have been growing year on year. In 2018 we invested in new and efficient, automatic screen printing equipment to increase our capacity. We also purchased high quality Direct-to-Garment printing machines, which means we can digitally print garments too - perfect for sampling, full colour designs and print on demand. We now supply large organisations such as Tate Enterprises and the British Antarctic Survey.
We're a small team of high motivated and hardworking individuals. We start the day together with a production meeting and a coffee. On Monday mornings we talk about the previous week, to find solutions for any issues that arose and to encourage smooth operations in the future. We have quarterly appraisals to help understand and support employees and to encourage progression. We are a member of the Living Wage Foundation.
I Dress Myself is big enough that we can take on exciting projects but small enough that everyone plays a role in shaping our future.
On this page, you will find the roles that we're currently looking to fill and we'd like to hear from anyone with relevant experience, ideas and enthusiasm.
Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team are essential for this role. The candidate must be thorough, practically minded and able to think on their feet. We are looking for a quick learner who relishes responsibility and enjoys a hardworking atmosphere. Our reputation is important to us and all Printers must be diligent to ensure that our printing is of the highest quality.
- Screen printing using water based inks
- Use of manual and automatic presses
- Printing prep (screen prep and ink colour mixing), as required
- Efficient organisation of workflow
- Correct interpretation of work orders and PDF proofs
- Updating work orders and our online management system
- Routine maintenance of manual and automatic presses
- Ensuring adequate stock levels of inks and other consumables
- Communication of discrepancies or quality control issues, as required
- Looking for ways to improve efficiency & minimise the use of resources
- Occasional help with Direct-to-Garment digital printing and/or pre- or post-production work, as required
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to respond to ever changing priorities
- Be able to focus on the job, in a busy environment
- Must be reliable, very organised, tidy and conscientious
- Experience of screen printing in a commercial setting is desirable
- 8:30-5pm Mon-Fri
- Starting salary £18,135 - £21,200 p.a. dependent on experience (the higher end would be for someone with managerial or supervisory experience)
- 3% pension contribution
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Based in Frome, Somerset
- 6 month review period
The deadline for applications is 8pm on February 2nd and interviews will be held during the first two weeks of February. Ideally, successful candidates will be available to start in March or sooner.
PLEASE APPLY BY SENDING A CV AND COVERING LETTER BY EMAIL TO INFO@IDRESSMYSELF.CO.UK, DETAILING ALL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & GIVING EVIDENCE FOR WHY YOU ARE A GOOD FIT FOR TEAM IDM.