IT IS OUR POLICY TO:
- Use eco-friendly water-based inks that are 100% solvent free. We never use plastisol inks or do harmful discharge printing.
- Offer sustainable garment and bag options, unless a client specifically requests something different.
- Charge proportionately less for organic cotton and other sustainable garments to further encourage customers to make positive choices that minimise the use of harmful pesticides.
- Use 100% renewable electricity
- Minimise our use of natural resources. We use a high tech conveyor dryer with optimum energy efficiency for drying water based inks.
- Use 100% carbon neutral gas (with at least 10% green gas from renewable sources and the rest offset by supporting carbon reduction projects)
- To filter our production waste water before it goes into the sewerage system
- Weigh and record our waste so that we can set goals for waste reduction and monitor our progress.
- Re-use resources where possible rather than dispose of them. We re-use misprinted T-shirts for test printing and then for rags. The cardboard boxes we receive are re-used using recycled paper labels and our recycled paper tape.
- Use a specialist contractor to recycle as much of our waste as possible.
- Encourage the use of recycled materials and recycling initiatives. Where possible, unwanted equipment is sold on eBay or given away.
- Source sustainably, considering second hand equipment, energy efficiency and recycled or responsibly sourced materials.
- Minimise the use of plastic, especially one-use plastic.
- Choose a courier company with optimised delivery networks and fuel efficient vehicles to minimise carbon dioxide production and pollution.
- Include the end of day shutdown of all electric and gas powered devices as part of our daily maintenance schedule.
- Source and use recycled or sustainable office consumables wherever possible.
- Reuse mis-printed tea towels to dry our hands to avoid turning on the electric air dryer
- Use 100% Recycled toilet paper
- Minimise the need to print and then reuse scrap paper whenever possible.
- Compost our organic kitchen waste.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Source plant-based food and drinks for our kitchen and all staff meals.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements.
- Consider the impact of our working and personal lives.
- Ensure that existing and potential clients are aware of our environmental initiatives and credentials by actively promoting these on our website.
Date written: 6th July 2006
Last update: 15th October 2019